Can you lose 15 pounds in 2 months?
Yes, you can lose 15 pounds n 2 months. This is in line with what most health experts recommend, a slow and steady weight loss of about 1 – 2 pounds every week or 1% of your total body weight.
A calorie deficit of about 3500 calories will make you lose 1 pound. This means, to lose 15 pounds in 2 months, you need a daily calorie deficit of at least 800 calories. You can achieve this will the right combination of diet and exercise. First, start with your diet. A moderate calorie reduction of at least 500-calories is enough to jumpstart the weight loss process. Most experts recommend adults eat 2000 – 2500 calories per day to women and men, respectively. With a daily cut of 500-calories, you can start losing weight.
Second, burn off the extra calories with exercise. When it comes to burning extra calories, cardio is king. The best cardio exercises for weight loss include; swimming, rowing, running, or jumping rope among others. In just 30-minutes, you can expect to burn at least 300 – 500 calories. What’s more, with exercise, the more you weigh, the more calories you burn once you get started. Don’t limit yourself to just 30-minutes. If you can exercise for longer, do it, and you will burn more calories. Besides, It is recommended to spend at least 150 – 300 minutes exercising daily.
How long does it take to lose 15 pounds?
It takes anywhere from two to four months to lose 15 pounds. Aim for a steady weight loss of about 1 – 2 pounds 0r 1% of total body weight every week.
However, keep in mind that how quickly you lose weight is also influenced by factors such as; your lifestyle, gender, age, height, and current weight. A person weighing 300-pound will not lose weight at the same rate as someone weighing 150-pounds. By simply losing 1% of total bodyweight weekly, these two people might not lose 15 pounds at the same rate. Also, consider your lifestyle, an active person who exercises daily will not lose weight at the same rate as a sedentary person with a desk job.
Can you lose 20 pounds in 2 months?
Yes, you can lose 20 pounds in 2 months. However, this will require a lot of willpower and discipline on your part. Here’s why;
- To lose 1 pound, you need to create a calorie deficit of about 3500 calories, This means, to achieve your goal of losing 20 pounds in 2 months, you need a deficit of at least 1100 calories daily.
- Cut your daily calories by 600 calories. Experts recommend adults eat at least 2000 – 2500 calories daily to maintain their weight. A calorie reduction of 600-calories is doable for most people.
- With the right exercise, you can burn off 300 – 500 calories in a 30-minute session. Make sure your workout sessions last for at least 1-hour daily to burn off 600-calories. However, this will require a lot of discipline.
- Or, try alternate day fasting. With this intermittent fasting schedule, you go without food every other day creating a calorie deficit that will allow you to achieve this weight loss goal.
- With this combination of diet and exercise, you can lose 20 pounds in 2 months.
Conclusion; can you lose 15 pounds in 2 months?
Yes, you can lose 15 pounds in 2 months. This is in line with what most health experts recommend, that is, losing at least 1 – 2 pounds every week. This is a realistic timeframe that will allow you to make steady changes to your lifestyle to maintain the weight loss long-term.